Preparedness health, that is. In today’s world, it’s not enough to have an emergency or continuity plan. You’ve got to exercise it on a regular basis if you’re going to keep its contents relevant, or make them even better. With BOLDplanning, your organization can have its own “personal trainer” (of sorts) in 2019.
Our skilled, experienced and certified staff can help you achieve an objective assessment of your preparedness capabilities, strengths and needed improvements. Their goal is to get, and more importantly, keep your organization in tip-top shape through preparedness exercise programs that align with FEMA’s Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) methodology. These include, but are not limited to the following five exercises:
- Seminars: Informal discussions designed to orient participants to new or updated plans, policies, or procedure.
- Workshops: Similar to seminars, but intended to build specific products, such as a draft plan or develop a training and exercise schedule.
- Tabletop exercises: Discussion-based, low-stress exercises where a facilitator guides team members through discussions about their roles and responses to one or more scenarios.
- Functional exercises: Operations-based exercises that allow personnel to validate plans and organizational readiness by performing their duties in a simulated operational environment.
- Full-scale exercises: Operations-based, high stress exercises that involve real-time operations movement of personnel and resources to validate plans, policies and procedures.
In 2018 alone, BOLDplanning facilitated hundreds of such important exercises for public and private sector clients across the country. Among them was the State of Oregon, which conducted its first tabletop exercise of the Governor’s Executive Order Disaster Exercise Series (GEODES); as well as the EMAP-accredited Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency (RIEMA). Others included the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; Cobb County, GA, Ramsey County Public Health (NM), and the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority, to name a few.
It’s never too late to improve the preparedness health of your organization. And BOLDplanning has the right team to get you into shape as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. Call 615.469.5558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more today.